Thursday 12 May 2011

Updated events!!!

Ok, this is the newsflash, Lavinia and Liam (both NCRG members) have welcomed their new son, baby Cathal Jeremiah Sexton, born on the 11th May and weighing in a 6lb 12.5oz, congrats to you both and well done Lav!!

Other news, plenty of CASHOTA activations coming up.  NCRG are activating Blarney Castle over the 4th, 5th and 6th June under ref EI010/C, I will be activating Mallow Castle over the weekend of 28th and 29th May (ref yet to be allocated) and I presume there will be many, many more as the CASHOTA weekends hit us on the last 2 weekends of May.

There still seems to be plenty of activity on the bands although to be honest, last night was a bit of a dissappointment for me.  I was in the control of the chair, logbook open, pen in hand and couldnt find a decent DXCC that I needed to work, in fact, the whole range of bands from 20m up seemed to be noisy to me.

But I am not a quitter, so Im sitting here now and as soon as I publish this post, Im off to find me a rare DXCC, haha in other words Ill have to battle my way through the whole of Europe, finally get an answer and then the QSB will prob set in and Ill have to battle to get the confirmation, haha.  Oh well, it wouldnt be half the fun if everything was easy would it.

Hope to hear what other ppl have worked,

Ciao for now, 73, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment